Saturday, November 30, 2013

Brussels, a Different View







I had seen the clean architecture of Brussels mix joyfully with Gothic and even baroque styles. One cannot dissociate Brussels from chocolate, goose-fat fried potatoes, and professional attire most people wear in the streets. It is a city of international meetings and decisions.

Yet, on this trip, I took with me a 1953 Kiev camera and wanted to find another dimension of the streets in Brussels. I did not know where I was going to find it, so walked for quite a while. It was not easy to get out of the orderly, clean and expensive (!) blocks around the city center. But eventually I found a small corner that I was looking for: graffiti, cosmopolitan and unassuming.

Pictures with a Helios 103 lens and the wonderful flare it produces when used without a sunshade!


November 30, 2013

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment