Friday, March 7, 2014

March 8: Global Women's Day

It was only natural for me to go back to my unpublished pictures and see if I can do a collage, perhaps representing various attitudes or life moments exhibited by women I have photographed in city streets. Pensive, celebrating, tender, forceful or resilient, these attitudes represent the places I have been. In a funny way, I often think of a city, or even a country through a street picture of its people rather than the city center, its museum, beaches or tropical forests.

As I stated on the opening page of my blog, architecture and surroundings do not attract me as a photographer; just people do.


Here are six pictures, from 5 US and European cities, most taken in 35mm, some negatives from a few years back and scratched. The fifth one is among my favorites from a “texture” point of view as it was taken with a rare 1948 Industar-22 Soviet lens made in Kazan. The uncoated glass has a mind of itself as to how the picture will come out, and capturing a moment with a 75 year old lens is like time travel, this time going back.














March 7, 2014
© Vahé Kazandjian, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment