Sunday, August 24, 2014

Shapes and Daily Attitudes

Sometimes I go out with a theme in mind. And as I walk the streets, I look for scenes and people around that theme. This is when I feel like a hunter – my camera, film and lenses are chosen for a specific purpose. I do not see the world through a wide angle: a short to moderate telephoto (a zoom is too slow to adjust for street photography) and a standard 50mm lens are sufficient for most of my themes.

 Here are a few ocean side pictures. My interest was to capture the interaction of people and their immediate surroundings.Here are a few ocean side pictures. My interest was to capture the interaction of people and their immediate surroundings.

Sailboats and marinas offer the angles, shapes, textures and a perfect setting to dream about escapes. I do not know what the two ladies were talking about, but if it is about the joy of being free and setting sail whenever one feels like it, their body language may be just right for that topic.



This biker was looking at the ocean and the city beyond the narrow.  Although his bicycle was mostly handmade and eclectic, it was his body language that I wanted to capture. It is one of deep thought perhaps, or the wish to exchange to exchange the bicycle for a sailboat….



As I was looking at the two young men fishing from the pier, I noticed the pay binoculars. I smiled at the thought that I could click from an angle to make one of these binoculars “fit” perfectly on one of the fisherman’s back making him look like a robot…. I took two shots using a 1970s Nikkor 105mm lens.  Nice fit, eh?



This last picture needs no commentary. It is all movement and perhaps about multi-tasking.  Took it with a 1960s Nikkor 180mm lens.



August 24, 2014
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment