Saturday, November 16, 2019

In Retrospect, Things Look Nicer Than They Once Did (Photos Are No Exception)





Looking through my photographs is like closing your eyes to remember. Sometimes you recall moments of which either you have no recollection, or you rediscover what you once had experienced.

Either way, and for the space of reliving that memory, you feel grateful.

... During my search, I found a photo that I did not recall taking. It was many years ago in Vienna, late in the day, when a Turkish dancer showed her skills (and a few other things) dancing in the street near Stephansdom. I recall taking other photos of her with my Nikon F2 but not this one. In retrospect, I perhaps like this one better than the one below that has been published a few years ago:




So, decided to look for other street dancers photos I had taken over the years and which were not used on my blogs or published in my books. Indeed, I was able to find one more, this time from Barcelonetta. 

Again taken with a Nikon F2, this photo of the dancers has been posted and published:



But there was another one that I did not use since the lighting was not optimal. Yet, I do like the warm presence of the crowd around the dancers.



Maybe with time and age one discovers more delightful aspects of photos that once did not look attractive.

Hmm, maybe the same attitude applies regarding people, places, ideas, tastes and smells....

Anyhow, I have a few other photos of street dancers previously posted here: https://liveingray.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-fluidity-of-frozen-movement.html



November 16, 2019

© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2019







No comments:

Post a Comment