Sunday, July 12, 2015

Mural Paintings in Flagstaff, Arizona and Albuquerque, New Mexico



My street photography is about people, but this time I was interested in mural paintings of people. I think when such paintings are incorporated into the character of a city or neighborhood, it is about the actual people who live there and their identities.

I found two such paintings that covered the entire side of a building. To show their relative sizes, I incorporated references (a street light and a handicap parking sign) for comparison.  Both paintings are in colour but I also think that their 3-dimensional presentation gets depth with the more pronounced tonal transitions a B&W picture can provide.

The woodsman in Flagstaff:




The nebulous human body (human condition?) of Albuquerque:


July 12, 2015
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment