Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Alien Visit

A few days ago I posted pictures of bucks in the high desert of Arizona (1). I am not a nature photographer and a fellow photographer posted this comment on my blog:

'Well done Vahe! Here I thought you only photograph PEOPLE! That is a good example what one can do with prehistoric equipment. But in the end it comes down to.........who is behind the camera!'

I agree and appreciate the comment.

… This morning when I sat down to have my coffee, there was a grasshopper “stuck” upside down on the reverse side of the coffee table’s glass top. We have a lot of grasshoppers this time of year so I ignored it. But after a few minutes it moved just slightly and gave me the uncomfortable feeling that it was watching every movement I made while sipping on my coffee.

… And that reminded me that a few days ago I had posted an essay on my literary blog where I mention David Carradine’s nickname as “grasshopper” in the 1970s TV series  “Kung FU” (2) 
The synchronicity of the events seemed interesting so I put my 1970s Nikkor 55 mm macro lens on my F3 and took a picture. Soon after the grasshopper jumped away.

… When I printed the picture, I could not stop smiling. Here is why:

First, this is the full picture (with enough noise in it due to the desert dust to remind me it is time to wipe the glass top…)




As I looked at the less than technically good shot, I noticed a familiar face. Here it is:




And for those who are not spatially adroit, here is the cropped section.



Is there any doubt that this is a human face? This is the perfect face of a man wearing glasses and a Genghis Khan moustache. Plus, I can see him frowning at me given the arching of his eyebrows. And his nostrils – these would make any plastic surgeon jealous!

So, did I take a picture of a grasshopper or of a man? And while we are at it, isn’t it freaky? If I believed in extra-terrestrial daily presence among us, I would say the grasshopper is much, much more than an insect:

It is an alien vessel sent to observe and report how a half asleep man drinks coffee at sunrise!!!!

August 26, 2015
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment