Monday, August 12, 2013

Madrid


A cloudy day in Madrid. I was walking around with my Nikon F3 and did not take pictures for a long while. On rainy and cloudy days people seem in a hurry and often the crowd becomes an amorphous flow of human bodies with no individual characteristics.

Then, I heard almost a howling sound behind me, to my right. I turned and saw this man leafing through a magazine where pictures of Adonis's were shown full page. The howling was perhaps his appreciation of the photos, or could it have been his lament for years gone by? No matter, it was a most unusual moment. I waited till he turned another page to include the picture of a handsome man, then clicked.

It is slightly off-focus because I had opened the lens to 1.4 and did not have much time for framing as he was going through the pages fast!

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment