Tuesday, December 22, 2015

An Eye for Photography




Like many at the end of a year, I have a tendency to aim at putting order into my environment. In my case it is an environment of books, papers, photographs and sometimes drawings.

So, yesterday I tackled a box full of old negatives and some printed photographs.

A photo I took back in the 1990s made me smile. It was at an art show in Virginia, a perfect venue for a street photographer. Of course I was most interested in booths selling photographs, paintings and sculpture. And I hoped to capture that one frame I will shoot to remind me of the day.

Perhaps this was it. The bearded man has that inconspicuous body posture which will not make him stand out in a crowd. Yet, it almost seems like he adopted that posture to keep an eye on things.

Or both eyes!

December 22, 2015

© Vahé A.Kazandjian, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment