Saturday, May 27, 2017

A Rose Under a Tent





I took my 1954 Canon L3 rangefinder camera with me to an arts and crafts fair. For a while, I did not bring the camera to my eye -- all seemed predictable and common.

Then, as it is always the case in street photography, I noticed this woman holding a long-stem white rose entering a tent where jewelry was displayed. It is perhaps the experience one gets over time in anticipating a frame to take shape.
As she stood behind the man with a cowboy hat, I clicked.

... As I looked at the negative under a loupe, I could not resist remembering a few lines about a rose:

             "Love is like a rose: when pressed between two lifetimes, it will last forever"

And so it is.

May 27, 2017
© Vahé A. Kazandjian, 2017

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
    kil çadir

    ReplyDelete