Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bellagio

A charming village on Lake Como. The Alps surround the lake with their white caps, even in early summer. The village is hilly, quiet and a true respite from the daily hassles of the world. You can get there only by ferry, and have to climb hundreds of stone steps to get anywhere. Atop the village is the Rockefeller Foundation Center, and Bellagio is also known as the home of George Clooney.
While the village is amazingly picturesque and Lake Como capricious and inviting, its inhabitants are well dressed, drive expensive German and Italian cars, and chose appropriate wines for their lunch. Still, I was able to find a moment to remember on film. This man reminded me of the mythical Centaur, this time just waiting for his wife to decide which stretch-pants to buy.

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013

1 comment:

  1. Very touching indeed after such long time to see and feel the reflections of your etats d ame dear friend. Though it comes as no great surprise to me but still I was shocked how I reacted to this blog as if we departed only yesterday. I have always felt we were close somewhere. With this blog I am even closer than ever.

    ReplyDelete