Friday, May 17, 2013

Nazaré









Nazare is a lovely small Portuguese town with magnificent cliffs over the ocean. There is a table top rock protruding out of the summit of the tallest cliff and legend has it that a warrior, riding his horse, jumped from that rock to the ocean chasing a departing ship. Legends have a way of interpreting what we cannot understand!
Fishing is among the main activities and I assumed this lady was a fisherman's wife. Well, she was selling fresh sardines on a warm day.
When I looked over the cliff, a couple was walking on what it seemed a popular sandy beach. They were more than 500 meter away and down from where I stood. I had my Nikon F2 and the 1969 Nikkor-Q 200mm f4 tele lens. The softness of the picture may represent the gentle dialogue the couple was having.

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment