Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mexico City

It was a quick 2-day trip to Mexico City and I had my trusty 1954 Kiev-2 rangefinder in my backpack. At the airport, I dropped my bag but did not think much about it as the camera had survived rough travels across continents for years. After work hours, I walked the streets for a short while and after 4 frames, the camera jammed! And it is still jammed today, but I keep it for memories.
This is the only one I printed. It has all the imperfections an-about-to-quit-Kiev camera can produce. But it does have a comforting and happy story. It seems to capture what I have often seen in Latin and South American countries: a genuine capability to enjoy the moment, no matter how little such an attitude may require. Hanging out, chatting on the street corner is a wonderful social behavior.
In addition to the picture telling a story, the two men standing up are also in a dialogue - reminds me of the picture on this blog's opening page of the two elderly men in Bilbao.
Maybe that hints to a composition I like to find for my photos...

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment