Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tuscany





Of course, one comes back from Italy with pictures of cathedrals, statues, or pastoral bucolic scenes. I have 4 pictures to represent the street character of Tuscan cities.

The first three pictures are from Florence. The two street painters and their dog make it for a soothing Chiaroscuro shot: the face of the artist is in the best light of the moment.

The patch-eyed artist has an Italian demeanor I  have come to associate with the country. It is very different from what one sees in Portugal or Spain.

The angel was smoking a cigarette and wore sneakers made in China. How much better can an angel bring the world together?

The third is from Sienna. The young men were totally surprised by my 1954 Minolta Twin Lens Reflex. It was something they had seen in the movies. So they started asking questions and one decided to take a picture. I took a picture of them at the same time. The cigarette, bottle of wine, and facial expression of the iPhone photographer makes me like the picture.

The last picture is from San Gimignano, a Tuscan medieval walled town on a hill. I had a split second to click, so the focus is a zone estimate, but wanted to get the posture of the man next to the women's clothing shop. I like the white had he has on his bag: who's hat is it?

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment