Sunday, April 28, 2013

Morocco



I took a lot of pictures in Morocco, mostly in the Souks of major cities. In fact the dim streets of the Souks are perfect for B&W photography without flash, and the lens wide open. I chose four photos to give a flavor of the trip.
The first is a good opening picture, rather stereotypical. After printing on paper via a 1950's Leitz enlarger, I decided to scan some of the shots in Sepia. Somehow it gives a better feel for sand and wind.
The second is my favorite one from this trip. The lens wide open, the Minolta Autocord Twin Lens Reflex gave an almost 3D feel to the background of the shot. The bicycle and the legs of the kid seem to wrap around.
The third is a typical Souk indoor picture, hence I left it in B&W. The shot is almost time-free, as it could have been taken in the 1940s!
The fourth one was taken with practically no ambient light, in the open market. I recall the lens was open to 3.5 and the speed to 1/15th of a second. The picture is permanent but the Henna was temporary.

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment