Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paris, again!










Still in Paris, and again late into the day. I saw this young man approach two tourists and say "Come with me" in English. They were 30 meters away from me and wanted to see what happens. After walking a short distance with the intrigued young women, he started performing gymnastic moves for them. I had not seen this kind of "personalized show" before. He then asked for a small donation and  the ladies payed him. An entrepreneur, for sure!
a click when the wind picks up in front of the Arc de Triumph. Could it be a single-person protest of history?
All three pictures taken with a Minolta Autocord Twin Lens reflex camera.
The last one has the distinct charm of a rainy evening on the Champs Elysees. I took it in the early 1990 with a Yashica Mat equipped with the rare Lumaxar twin lenses. Somehow I still like the simplicity and cosiness of the picture, where really the only thing that is in focus is her left foot!

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment