Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paris




We are now in Paris and the first picture represents the Seine for me. Why? It was almost sunset and the bridge across the Seine was all texture -- perfect for B&W. I was walking around with a Mamiya 645 loaded with Efke 50 ASA film. Practically impossible to take any pictures except in the sun with that speed film. So, almost 200 meters away, I saw this lady as a dot on my waist-finder screen, folded the camera's mirror and clicked. A second later she got up and moved away.
When I developed the film I realized why I like the challenge of pushing the limits. This time, in photography.
Taken with a 80mm 1.9 Sekor lens on a Mamiya 645 1000s camera.
But the Seine has other moments too, like the one taken, with the same camera but on a separate trip, late in the evening. The young ladies wearing berets and checking on their iPhone is a description of the new times.

©Vahé Kazandjian, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment